Thursday, September 04, 2008

Riders On The Storm

Another day closer... only now I have something NEW to worry about... Hurricane season is kicking us where it hurts. We are closely watching out for Hurricane Ike. It is currently out in the Atlantic at a Category 4. It's expected to become a 5 by tomorrow night. By Monday, it should be in the Bahamas. If I'm figuring correctly, we should not have a problem flying out, but now I'll be worrying about the house and all the animals... I'm also calling American Airlines constantly to make sure they don't cancel our flight... I'm thinking of flying up to NJ on Sunday instead, just to be certain we won't have any issues... but that means losing the cost of the tickets we already have, PLUS paying for a hotel at the airport... not to mention losing an entire day of cleaning the house and getting ready... I don't care much for that idea either... Ok... just going to think good, positive thoughts. I know... Tina will step in and kick Ike outa there! :-)
This morning I stopped at the Urgent care clinic... I'm pretty sure I've got a sinus infection. Well, the Doc said it was allergies and gave me perscriptions for nasal spray and antihistimine... but I did get her to give me a script for Cipro for the trip... so it wasn't a complete waste...
Went to my parents for dinner and for dad to do my hair... he added the highlights this time too! :-)
Tomorrow... more packing, less panic... I hope!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes