Thursday, February 05, 2009

Young at Heart

Yesterday was a pretty rough day. Rachel and I went to Hope Hospice to see Momma Joy... Margie's mom. All she wanted to do was to have Rachel sit next to her on the bed. She stroked Rachel's hair and kept telling me how happy she was that we finally got our little girl. I took a picture of her with Rachel, and then the stupid battery on my camera ran out... I was really glad she finally got to meet Rach in person.

Today Margie called to tell me that it was almost over... They were just hoping Joy would hold on until Margie's brother could arrive. So sad... but Joy said she was ready to go... and Margie is actually taking it much better now. I wish there was more I could do for her...

This morning I had someone come over so I could do their taxes. (one of our little adoption fundraisers). Other than that, just sitting vigil by the phone... not a fun thing to do!

I think tonite I might make oatmeal raisin cookies... if I can find some dried cranberries to add... I love those...

1 comment:

Trish said...

So sorry to hear this, tell Margie she and her family will be in our prayers. Having a great time in China, Taylor is just perfect! So happy and outgoing I don't know how I got so lucky! Can't wait to get all our girls togehter! Trish

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes