Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Don't Want to Work (I want to bang on the drum all day)

So, I'm back to the grind. I am glad I had so much time off, but it sure is tough to get back to the way things were... I forgot all my logins for work, couldn't find my headset, and really don't want to be there anyway. But we got to do what we got to do, right? Every day I see new things Rachel is doing and I'm wondering just how much I will be missing by sleeping while she is awake every day! I am so not happy... I keep playing lotto and keeping my fingers crossed! oh well... Some of the people from work seemed really glad I was back... funny how you can tell who cares and who doesn't.... of course, I told anyone who asked all about our trip in China and ALL about our dumpling! Nancy gave me the copies of the pictures from our first lunch after we came home! I will scan them soon and post the best, of course!

Glad to report mom is still on the road to recovery! She sounds a little better every day. Now she is starting to worry about the effects the chemo will have but in a way that's good... because before, she was only concentrating on the pain she was in at the moment... so to me, it means she is feeling less of THAT pain and has more time to think about what's to come. The good thing is, she is SO in love with Rachel that it is giving her something very important to look forward to.

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes