Sunday, February 08, 2009

To Sir With Love

Just finished watching Sir Paul on the Grammies... he is still SO amazing. Hard to believe he is going to be 67 years old this year! He still ROCKS... and still makes my knees weak. Yeah, I'm a Beatle junkie till the end!
Not a lot of news around here today. Tommy made an incredible pot of turkey soup with noodles AND dumplings. It was way too good and VERY filling. Gonna bring some to mom and dad tomorrow. I gotta say, my hubby is quite a good cook!

We also went to get our taxes done yesterday... gee wasn't THAT fun... LOL... actually, it wasn't too terrible. I normally do my own, which definitely would have been WAY faster, but because we had the adoption credit this year, I didn't want to take any chances, so we decided to let someone ELSE do them this time. Well, over 3 hours later, we walked out with them pretty much done. We actually applied for a refund anticipation loan but it didn't go thru correctly, so we will be getting our money the old fashioned way instead... I was kinda disappointed about that since I decided to sign up for a medical billing & coding course and wanted to pay the deposit right away with the money.. oh well... I've waited this long! We also decided we will buy a new cover for the couch to see if we can stretch it out a little longer... if that doesn't work, we will have to finally invest some of the refund on a new one. The rest, we are putting towards the loan we took out for the adoption. It won't come close to paying it off, but it will make a little dent, at least!

So I'm starting my last week of staying home. Friday I have to go back to work. No, I am NOT looking forward to it... Yes, I AM sick to my stomach about it... but unless I hit that damn lotto, this is my only current option...

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes