Friday, February 06, 2009

Goodbye Yellowbrick Rd


This afternoon as I was returning from my mom's Oncologist appointment, I got a call from Margie... after a long, hard struggle, her mom finally passed away this afternoon. She held on long enough for her kids to arrive to say goodbye. I am so glad I was able to bring Rachel there for a final goodbye the other day. Joy was a sweet, wonderful lady. She will be missed.

As for MY mom, well the oncologist went over the plan for treatment. In about 3 weeks, mom will begin chemotherapy, every 2 weeks for about 6 months. The Dr said that this particular type of chemo seems to be tolerable for most patients. Mom was especially glad to hear that most people do not lose their hair with this type either!

Oh, and we also received the report from the social worker for our 6 month post placement inspection. The SW also called to tell me to throw away the first page because she made a minor mistake and she will be sending out a new copy immediately. I decided to hold on to it until I get the new one... not taking any chances!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Please pass on our condolences to Margie.

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes