Thursday, January 15, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

There isn't anything all that interesting to report on at the moment... Rachel is napping, and I'm taking advantage of a few extra minutes so I thought I'd post a couple of pictures I took of the little princess this week. Besides, it's too cold to play outside! LOL... ok for those of you suffering thru the bitter winter, I do apologize... but for Florida, it's COLD... I'm layered for the day and actually had to turn on the heat today!

Ok... no more whining... here are the pictures!

Someone didn't have a regular nap... so she fell asleep right after lunch. All I did was clear away her dishes and when I came back, there she was... zonked out!

I didn't know whether I should feel guilty for not getting her to bed faster, or run out of the room so I could laugh out loud at how cute she looked!


Here she is playing with her new favorite dolls... Raggedy Ann & Andy. She is partial to Andy... the little flirt! I'm actually going to put these away soon, so she doesn't ruin them... They are so special that I think we might want to save them for when she is just a little older

I tried to get a shot of her hugging the 2 dolls... she was cuddling them so tight. But naturally, the minute I grabbed for the camera, she took off running in that walker! :-)




And here is one of Rachel with her Nana.. Which one looks more ready for bed? Actually, we had just opened the last of her holiday presents... Nothing like making Hanukkah & Christmas last for 3 weeks! Guess there is nothing wrong with that, right?

So that's about all so far... we are trying to get the house ready for our 6 month post placement visit from the social worker... She will be here at the end of the month! It's just over 4 months since we are home, but she needs to do the updated home study now so she can work on the report to go to the agency and to China. Then someone will come back in another 6 months to do the final report to China. These are just formality, I think... it's not as if they are going to take her away if we don't comply... but it is already paid for, so what the heck!
In the meantime, I have just a few short weeks to try to find a job I can do from home. I am dreading the day I have to go back to work, but if I don't find something that pays enough that I can do from home, that's it... I'll have no choice. That's going to be the hardest thing I have ever done... Not that I'm worried about her care... Tommy is GREAT with her and has often taken care of her in the morning. So that will be his new routine... He'll have to care for her first thing in the morning while I go to sleep. I'm going to miss giving her breakfast! But I have a month so I'm not going to let it get to me now... She's up from her nap and it's time to get her up and running again... Love that... and her..

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes