Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Homeward Bound

So they sprung my mom today. WOOHOO... She's still in lots of pain, but at least she is in her own bed! Oh... and she had my dad get her Chinese take-out for her first meal home!
I did get to talk to her oncologist. That was good. She told me they will start mom on chemo, probably in about 4 weeks, after she has had some time to heal. Mom seems to be in fairly good spirits, all things considered. The pain seems to be her biggest obstacle at the moment. But again, at least she is finally home.

As for me, well, I'm trying to get this house in order before our big social worker visit on Thursday. It's been rough with all that has been going on. I actually contemplated canceling the visit, but figure it will be even harder if I wait. Once mom gets on chemo, I'm not going to be in any mood to have this inspection!

I am also trying to figure out how we are going to deal with me going back to work. Now there is absolutely no way my folks can babysit for us, so I will have to find some other way. It's going to be tough to find someone willing to come here at night, especially for just an hour and a half! But I don't have any choice, so I'll be making some calls tonight to try to find a sitter I can trust to take care of the most precious thing in my life!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes