Thursday, August 06, 2009

Behind the Wall of Sleep

Sometimes, parents can sure surprise ya.... Today was just a totally exhausting day. I worked all last night and then had to go to the hospital for all the pre-op tests. After the tests, I stopped at Sam's to get some much needed supplies, since I won't be able to get there next week. I got home around 10:30am... meaning I'd been awake for just about 24 hours and just lost more than half of my regular sleep for the day!
I went straight to bed and Tommy kept Rachel & the crew pretty quiet (altho I don't think an explosion would have woke me at that point!).
I got 3 hours of sleep and then it was time for me to get up with Rachel. I called my mom and she offered for her & my dad to come play with Rachel so I could go back to sleep for a while more! WOOHOO for Mom & Dad!!!! They came, they played, I napped! Mom woke me at 6pm, so I can make dinner for the munchkin. She is now eating happily, I'm getting a few minutes of computer time, and when she is all done, I will get a little MORE sleep!!! YIPPEE!!!! So all together, I will actually have gotten at least 6 hours for the day. Considering how exhausted I was this morning, I am thrilled.
No updated pictures today... I left my camera in the car. Besides, if I took pictures of what my adorable daughter is wearing right now, I'd be drummed out of the mommy club! Tommy put her in my favorite red white & blue skirt. Unfortunately, he decided to match it with her pink, yellow & green shirt! LOL...

Ok... dessert time for the munchkin...
More tomorrow...

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes