Sunday, July 12, 2009

Who Let the Dogs Out

Today sure started out on a crazy note. I got out of work and headed home as usual. I spotted 2 dogs walking along US-41. One was a Pit Bull mix and the other was its identical shrunken twin in the form of a Chihuahua. They were cute, but obviously had been on the street for quite some time. They were both horribly undernourished and probably loaded with fleas etc. Well the problem was that they both kept running out into the middle of 41! Now luckily, being a Sunday morning, traffic wasn't THAT bad, but I put my hazards on, and kept trying to stay as close to them as I could while honking my horn to get them to get back on the sidewalk.
I then called 911. Ft Myers PD showed up pretty quickly. We corralled the dogs yet again and they called animal control. For the next 25 minutes, I stood with 3 of Ft Myers finest, trying to keep the dogs from running away again. I gave them some dry cat food I still had in the back of the car. They both kept licking us and it was clear they had been buddying around together so they started to play with each other. Finally animal control arrived and I carried the little Chihuahua into the truck and they had to convince the bigger dog. Eventually, they got him into the cage as well. I was so glad to be able to help these guys... they were really sweet dogs and I an sure that if I hadn't driven along side them at 3 mph they would have ended up getting run over for sure.
Once I got home, there was no way I was napping. Rachel was awake already and Tommy had to run, so I had to stay up. I fell asleep after I put her down for her nap at 11:30. I guess Tommy forgot all about the fact that we were supposed to go to Mango Mania early this afternoon, because he ended up coming home from church, changing his clothes and then just hanging out in the family room until he fell asleep too... He was up when I woke up at 3, but by then it was far too late to go to the festival. I was so disappointed. I was hoping to find out exactly what kind of mango tree we have, and then I was going to buy 2 more of them.. one for my parents and a 2nd one for us!
Oh well... guess we will wait till next year... but to make up for it, I made Mango Ice Cream. I just had a little taste (since I fell asleep while it was churning, so now it needs to go back to the freezer for a while) and it came out super yummy... Gonna write down exactly what I did this time so I don't forget how to make it for next year! Sure hope Rachel likes it! Oh wait... I'm talking about MY KID... of course she's gonna love it!
So here is my little hippie flower child, just having some random acts of cuteness... I LOVE those jeans... but they fit a bit funny in the tush... she doesn't seem to have enough of one to fill them out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh Jodi!! Thank you for sharing the doggie story...you just made my day!! :) We need more people in the world like you!

And Rachie...LOVE LOVE LOVE the jeans...soooo adorable!! She is simply the sweetest sweet-pea in the patch!!

Can't wait to see you!! xoxoxo!!

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes