Monday, July 20, 2009

Food Glorious Food

What a busy day we had. And what awesome friends... Our original schedule was a little hectic, but we would have had to make it work. We were invited to our friend Meri's for a housewarming party. Of course we are going! Well, I made my lasagna and promptly invited my mom & Margie & Charlie to come for dinner! Now in between all of this, we were going to the Lee County Waste Management to pick up a truck load of free mulch! Charlie was going to go with Tom and load up Charlies pick up. So here is how it went instead!

After I came home from work, it was time to get a tiny bit of cleaning in (vacuum, etc). I was going to take my nap when Rach went down for hers... but wait! what's this I see? It's Margie & Charlie in the pick up... Margie texts me... "where do you want your mulch?" HUH???
Well, our dear friends decided to go to the mulch area early, so they wouldn't have to deal with it in the middle of the hottest part of the day. They unloaded it all onto our lawn (by the way, we realized after it was OUT of the truck, that we are going to need a heck of a lot more mulch! uh oh...
Ok, anyway.. they came with the mulch... then they went swimming for a bit... they needed to cool down after all that manual labor!

They left around the time Tommy got home. After that, I closed my eyes for a few minutes... after getting up, it was time to change rachel into something adorable! And look! She finally let me put pigtails in her hair! She was about to pull them out, when I scooped her up and brought her to my bathroom so she could look at herself in the mirror. She apparently agreed with me that she looked SOOO cute so she left them in for the rest of the day!!! WOOHOO!!!

We headed over to the party.. had a terrific time. Rachel enjoyed being the center of attention for a while. She made some new friends and was (of course) totally taken with Meri's son Kane. Shortly before we left, some other kids arrived and she was equally taken with them. She even went around hugging all the kids before we left! I was sorry we had to leave there early, but we had to get home since we were having our big lasagna dinner!
Margie & Charlie came back to the house... Mom got there a short time later. We all went swimming, then it was time for Lasagna, Garlic Bread, & Mom's famous salad! It was a really terrific day. The lasagna was a big hit, even with Rachel. She especially enjoyed squishing it between her fingers!
After dinner, it was time for dessert. My homemade Mango Ice Cream! All in all, I'd say we had a pretty terrific day with some pretty terrific friends!

2 comments:

comingaroundagain said...

Sweet Rachel - hugging all her friends...
Lauren loves squishing her food between her fingers (more than eating it a lot of the time). Mango ice-cream sounds yummy.

Kim said...

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God!

I KNEW she would be adorable with decorations in her hair!!

How freaking cute! I'm going to pretend you did her hair just for me. :)

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes