Saturday, October 04, 2008

Italian Plastic

So tonite we had a really nice evening. We went to Olive Garden (Tommy's first time ever and my first in YEARS) with a terrific family I met online. They have 2 beautiful little girls from China. A good time was had by all, I think! Lorie & John's oldest daughter was having a great time playing with Rachel, and their younger daughter was just as cute as she could be! She even let me hold her for a while...
Today was a little busy, as we went to the flea market during the afternoon trying to get a lock for Abbey's cage. That didn't work out well. Nobody had them available. The guy at the pet stand where we got Abbey suggested we do what he does... chain link and a lock. He actually uses the screw hooks that hold the toys in the cage, but she knows how to open those, so we are going to do a padlock.. if she gets thru that, I'm writing to Ripley's!
I'm still fighting off whatever this bug is... or flu... or whatever... today the fever came earlier in the day instead of after putting Rachel to bed... don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing... Guess only time will tell. So I am having a nice cup of tea and then going to bed. Tomorrow will be a busy cleaning day. I still haven't finished unpacking (part lazy, part sick, part mommy) So I will try to get all that stuff put away tomorrow. With Marla coming on Tuesday, I don't want the place to look like a tornado blew thru! (I'll post more pics tomorrow... the camera is in the other room and I'm just too pooped to go get it!)

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes