Monday, May 31, 2010

The Unknown Soldier (Memorial Day 2010)

Memorial Day 2010 - Time for our Annual Memorial Day Shrimp Boil!  Margie & Charlie arrived early as they always do, to help with the decorating!  Last year I picked up a bunch of new decorations and couldn't wait to see what Margie would do with them!  She has such a good eye for that stuff.  Charlie also put up the flag pole  & flag I bought Tommy for Christmas!  
We had a smaller crowd this year, but it was still a wonderful day full of family & friends, and of course FOOD!  Tommy outdid himself, as usual!  He started out by shucking raw clams by the dozen!  Then it was time for the steamers, followed by his now "infamous" Shrimp Boil... loaded with shrimp, clams, kielbasa, potatoes, onions, and corn on the cob... YUMMY!!!  
We also had some great contributions to the menu from our friends, too!  And of course, there was mom's incredible salad! I couldn't have a party that didn't include mom's salad! 
Everyone seemed to have a great time, eating, talking, and swimming!  Naturally Rachel only wanted to eat shrimp and swim... her 2 favorites!  She had a great time, and her "Aunt Margie" even taught her how to FLOAT!  She was so excited to show me her toes! She is swimming like a little fish (not without her swimmies, of course!) 
 
   

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes