Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Sweet Child O'mine

Where does the time go?  As of today, our little princess is officially 2 1/2 years old!  It's really unbelievable that 30 months ago, this beautiful little angel was found on a cold December day.  Not a day goes by that I don't think about how blessed we are that someone cared enough to leave her someplace safe.  She is our whole world and we are all so thankful to have her in our lives. 
Even when she is testing our very last nerve! LOL....
She is still our perfect little girl, but as she get's older, boy oh boy, she sure likes to keep us on our toes!  Whether it's trying to play with her play dough on the couch, or pulling apart the Silly Putty so it ends up in hair-like strands all over the floor, or chasing the poor dog around trying to force a toy into Penny's mouth!  It's a daily adventure around here to see what will happen next!
Our latest challenge is meal time.  Suddenly she has decided she wants nothing but yogurt or peanut butter.  Oh, and of course a cookie or marshmallow whenever we permit it!  So there she sat with her bowl of cereal in front of her.  I asked her to take a spoonful.  Her response, in PERFECT "Sarah Bernhardt" fashion, was to put her hand up to her forehead, palm out, and she says "No, mommy I'm too sick!"  No, of COURSE she wasn't sick... because she then asked if she could get down from the table, she asked for a cookie and said it was time to play with her Play Dough!  Sick my Aunt FANNIE!  Needless to say, I foresee several interesting adventures over the next twenty-plus years!  
In the meantime, we are going to pick our battles, and enjoy every waking moment with this precious gift from G-d.  

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes