Monday, June 15, 2009

Nature's Way

We've been working on the plans for the big "Hunan Spicy Girls" reunion coming up in September. One of the things we are doing is we are all going to the Shell Factory to see the animal exhibit.. it's going to be so much fun. Well yesterday I decided to go over there to ask if they would give us a group rate.. cuz we are sure gonna be a group! While I was there, I talked to them about taking Fred in. I showed them his picture and the jaws all dropped. They could not believe how big he is! Well, they are absolutely THRILLED about getting him. Tomorrow I will bring our little buddy over there and they are going to keep him in the aviary. There are several other turtles there just like Fred, only MUCH smaller... he will be king of the hill! Although they DO have several land tortoises that are bigger... and... uh... mature? Here is what we got to witness while we were there...

After we got done at the Shell Factory, we headed over to mom's for Sunday dinner. Had some fun in the pool too... Check out Rachel's stylin outfit for the ride over to her Nana's!


Mom & Dad's friends Linda & Tony were there too... and as usual, the little princess was the star of the show!














By the time we left there, she was totally exhausted... as usual, she fell asleep in the car, but this time, she actually stayed asleep after we got her out... I never realized how hard it would be to put pajamas on a 27 lb Rag Doll!
We were pretty wiped out too... I was in bed by 11:30pm... unfortunately, I woke up around 4am with the most horrendous case of heartburn. It was so bad, I started getting sick. And of course, Rachel ended up waking up at 5 am, so I went in to her to rock her back to sleep... then back up at 6am with my stomach acting up again... hoping we dont have a repeat performance tonite.
I've spent most of the day today trying to get my stupid printer to work again. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, it wont print. It's on, and I'm not getting any error messages, but it just wont print! Totally frustrated.. might have to quit and try again tomorrow...
Today I also got a call from the insurance adjuster. Over memorial day weekend, my car was hit in the parking lot of 7-11. I watched it happen and called the police. They came and took a report. Long story short, today was the first time I heard from anyone about it. So, this guy tells me that he has not been able to get a hold of the other driver. They set up my scheduled appointment for someone to come do the estimate, but they can't pay me till they get in touch with the other driver... WHAT???? well because the police report is more like just an owners exchange, and there is nothing in the narrative that says he was at fault for sure, they need to talk to him! I DON'T THINK SO!!! I'm going to call my agent to throw a small hysterical fit.

So that's how MY weekend has gone so far...

1 comment:

Kim said...

First, let me say again how thrilled I am that Fred will have an awesome new home! He'll be very happy there. Especially if the pics you posted are any indication of the action he may see in his new digs. Lucky Fred! (You might be a Grandma sooner than you think.)

Second, your comment about trying to put pajamas on a sleeping baby...Why would you do that? Haven't you learned to leave sleeping babies/children alone? You let them sleep in whatever they fell asleep in and wherever they fell asleep. Don't look at them or touch them for risk of waking them up and them thinking it is now playtime at midnight.

You've had a very busy weekend,haven't you. Sounds like you need a couple of days off, spent lounging in you jammies! You and Rachel should plan a mom & daughter PJ day!

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes