Saturday, June 27, 2009

Death is Not The End

I've been really bad about playing catch up on the blog this week. I missed posting about Father's Day, which was nice. Rachel bought her daddy a really cool DVD, which will be great since she has special daddy time when they sit and listen to all kinds of music.
We went out to dinner at what USED to be one of our favorite restaurants. Unfortunately, inflation has gotten to them too... little things, like they no longer give you the WHOLE potato, just a half... and obviously they are cutting back on the portions, etc. The taste was still good, just real disappointed in the changes.
Anyway, we also bid farewell to some icons this week. We lost Ed McMahon a few days ago (before he had a chance to deliver that BIG Publishers Clearning House check to my door!!!). And on Thursday Farrah Fawcett lost her battle with cancer. Such a shame. I guess the big shocker of course, was the death of Michael Jackson. That one was unexpected. The media coverage for him has been INSANE. I really felt bad because Farrah died just a short time before MJ, and her death was almost brushed under the rug for all the hoopla about Jackson. Well, may they all rest in peace.
This morning I will be picking up a Little Tykes Swing & Slide that I found on Craigslist. It's not the big swing set I was hoping to get for the little princess, but it will sure do until she's older and will appreciate the big setup more! I'll post pictures later of the unveiling of the swing!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes