Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A Change Would Do You Good

We finally did it. Today was the day we brought Fred to his new home... and guess what we found out... Fred is NOT a Fred at all, but a Freda!!! Yup.... after all these years, come to find out that he is really a SHE!!! Go figure!


Anyway, my friend Rita & her grandson Nick came along with Rachel & I to bring Freddie to HER new home. She seemed a little pensive, but eventually she "took the plunge" and meandered into the water. After being stuck in such a small area for so long, she really didn't know what to make of all the space.. but she figured out pretty quickly that she had all the room in the world now, and off she went. She did keep an eye on us the whole time we were there.


It was a little sad to let her go, but I know she will be SO much better off...

After we came back, Nick & Rachel had some fun in the pool. She really adores playing with Nicky. And he is terrific with her. She insisted on having him carry her when we were walking around the Nature park, and he did it without complaining, even though it was nearly 100 degrees out and we were all drenched in sweat! He is SUCH a sweetie...

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes