Sunday, June 26, 2011

Catch Me Daddy

Father's Day Part 2 - Definitely more enjoyable! 

 So talk about a night & day experience!  Last weekend, we went to Pete's Steakhouse for Father's Day.  Tommy wasn't there, so it was Rach & I, my parents & some of their friends. The company was amazing, the food was so-so & the service was absolutely appalling. 
Well, THIS time, Tommy is home and we are going to Olive Garden.  Much smaller crowd this time, since it is just us & my parents, but oh, what a difference!
First of all, we walk in & my parents are already there... how do I know this?  Because a family sitting on the bench inside the door waiting to be seated stops us and says "Are you looking for a lady in a hat?  Oh, well then your parents are waiting for you inside!"  Um... ok...
Then we go inside, and the host says "Well, THIS must be Rachel!!!  Well, your Nana & Papa are waiting inside for you!"... yeah... totally embarrassed!

So we head over to the table... and we wait... about 20 minutes goes by, when a waitress appears & says "Has anyone been here to see you yet?" and we tell her No... She immediately apologizes, and takes our order.  She says she is not our server, but she will locate them & put our order in in the meantime.  A few minutes later, Sierra comes over & tells us that she will now be our server.  She was not originally the one who was supposed to work the table, but the guy that SHOULD have been our server apparently vanished without telling anyone we were waiting!
Sierra was awesome... After verifying the order that the other waitress passed on to her, she ran to get our food started.  When she arrived with our soups & salads, she informed us that because we had to wait, our entire meal was on the house... EVERYTHING... then the manager came over & also apologized, and reiterated that our meal was free... he even insisted that we order dessert, even if we took it home!!!  Talk about customer service???  We were all SO terribly impressed!!!!  and on top of everything else, we LOVE the food there!  (For me, I think I could LIVE on the Chicken Gnocchi soup!).  Anyway, we were so floored by the whole experience that I wrote to the corporate office to advise  them what a pleasant time we had & how I was going to tell everyone about it... they were just amazed someone took the time to say something NICE instead of writing to complain!
All in all, this was a wonderful Father's Day for both Tommy & my Dad! 

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes