Thursday, July 07, 2011

Three Years Ago Today...

This time three years ago I was bouncing off the walls, waiting for an e-mail or a phone call from our agency.  We knew it was going to happen SOME time that day... we were going to finally find out about the beautiful baby we were waiting for all this time. 
It had been 3 years since we started the process to adopt a little girl from China. When our journey began, we were told it would take roughly 6 months from the time we submitted our paperwork, until the finalization of an adoption.  Well, it took quite a bit longer than we were told, but looking back, it was something that had to happen!


As anxious as we were, we now know that had it taken only 6 months, we would not have the perfectly special beautiful girl that we have now!  Everything happens for a reason, right?

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes