Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daisy Jane

Today, I FINALLY put this gorgeous dress on Rach to take some pictures.  This was a gift from one of her China sisters, and I've been REALLY bad because I waited far too long to let her try it on!  So first, a HUGE Thank you Aunt Shazia for this beautiful Daisy dress! (I was a total slacker, though, and completely forgot to put the matching necklace on her!)  Oh, and thank you also to Aunt Sophie... for teaching Mommy how to put in pig tails!  I know... everyone can stop laughing... I grew up surrounded by hairdressers, spent half my life in a salon, and I couldn't figure out how to do this without step by step instructions!
But in my own defense, I never had to deal with such silky, super fine hair before now! 

 And before anyone asks, they lasted about 45 minutes before she insisted I take them out of her hair. She made me take out the pretty clips as well as the little rubber bands! I'm SO glad I got to take a bunch of pictures of her BEFORE she got her way!   As for the dress, I hung it back up quickly before she had a chance to get it dirty.  Then it was time to play, so I put her back into her play clothes... which ended up covered in cookie in no time flat!  She really wanted to go out to the BIG swing & slide, but it was pouring out all day long.  That's why I'm really glad I haven't gotten rid of the Little Tikes "castle" that we've had forever...  at least it gives her something to play with during these rainy days...

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes