Tuesday, March 10, 2009

We are Family


6 months ago today, we became a Forever Family. I can't believe it's already been 6 months since we held Rachel in our arms for the first time. Things have changed so much since that amazing day. I spoke to my friend Sophie this morning, and we talked about how all the memories of that day were still so vivid... the smell of the bus, the kids in the school across the street from the civil affairs building, the faces of all those little precious babies waiting for us to reach out to them...

It just blows my mind that we went through all of those emotions only 6 months ago. And in the past 6 months, we've had so many changes. Rachel can walk now. She has her ears pierced. She says Momma & Daddy, she's got favorite foods, favorite toys, favorite tv shows and favorite music.
She loves to take a bath. She likes asparagus & brussel sprouts. She doesn't care for hamburgers, but loves hot dogs. She has a laugh that is infectious. When you tell her no, she pouts and gives the "cry without tears" face, but she will back away from whatever you tell her no about.
She ADORES Elmo... especially her Elmo Live doll... There are just so many amazing things that have happened over the last 6 months. Can't wait to see what the NEXT 6 months brings!


1 comment:

Lorie said...

Happy 6 monthaversary!!!! Congrats....

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes