Friday, March 06, 2009

I'm Walking on Sunshine

We had some big stuff this week! First was Monday night. Rachel & I went to dinner with my parents and some of their friends. Dinner was relatively uneventful, but after dinner we went back to mom's to have a little celebration for their friend Linda's birthday. Anyway, their friend Rita was sitting on a chair in the den playing with Rachel. I went and sat on the steps opposite the chair... and then it happened... FINALLY... Rachel actually walked over to me WITHOUT HOLDING ANYTHING! Yippee!!! She did this a couple of times, and then when she realized I was getting so excited about her coming to me, she apparently decided to do it a little faster by crawling... so that was the end of the big walking experience... at least for Monday!

Then yesterday, my parents came to my house. Dad had to give me a touch up (surprised Rach didn't run screaming when she saw momma's hair!) and I had to do their taxes. (a nice even trade off).
So, I was working on the taxes and mom was sitting at the kitchen table. Rachel was playing at the sliding glass doors... then she did it again... she stood up on her own, and walked over to her Nana! YIPPEE!! We were SO excited... she is FINALLY on the road to being mobile!

As for me, I had my 2nd cortisone shot in my spine yesterday morning... I am NOT a happy camper tonite here at work. These chairs are KILLING me... oh well. This is the last time I will be doing the shot if it doesn't help. The Dr said I should start decompression therapy with the chiropractor or with him. We'll see how that goes. I wonder if there is such a thing as a spine transplant?

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Yeah, Rachel is walking......we need to get together...and invite Trish and the gang too.....

Congrats Rachel...good luck w/ the corisone..ouch

Alyson and Ford said...

Congrats on another milestone!!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes