Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Oh Say Can you See


So I am a total slacker once again. We had our annual Shrimp Boil/BBQ for Memorial Day and could you believe I did not take any pictures that whole day???? I am SO mad at myself! I do have some shots of Rachel, who looked adorable in her little "all american girl" skirt set... Wish I remembered the camera for her red, white & blue bathing suit!

We had quite a big crowd this year... I think it was the biggest one yet. The food was outstanding as usual, (thanks to my brilliantly talented hubby, the chef!) and the company was great. There were a few no-shows as usual, but it's ok, since it was a pretty packed house most of the time! This year of course, was a bit different since we had kids here for the first time. My friend Meri brought her roommates kids and Alexis was an amazing baby sitter. She kept Rachel occupied all day, and most of the time, I didn't even know where she was, but knew she was ok!
Alexis' brother Gavin was just the cutest little guy too... he kept trying to carry Rachel around, but I think she weighs almost as much as he does!

We also had Jack & Abbey, my friends Tasi & Justins kids... Jack is all boy, and just the cutest thing you want to see. And Abigail was by far, our most adorable guest... She is only a month old and OMG, she is sure TINY! Because Rachel was already 9 months old when we met her for the first time, it's hard to imagine her ever being that teeny..

Later in the day another little cutie, Mikey, stopped in for a visit too! He was born roughly a week before we left for China to get Rachel! He was just the sweetest thing... so smiley!!!

All together, I think we had about 30 adults and 6 kids including Rachel. Thank goodness for the pool! It was pretty hot outside but we had some good pool time in there...

All in all, I think it was a pretty good day... Good friends, Good food, Good weather... what more could we ask for??

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes