Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lean on Me

Today was cookie day... Every year I make batch after batch of Pizzelle's - a favorite recipe passed to me by my Aunt Gloria. They are a HUGE hit with everyone, so I always have to make LOADS of them. Well, with my back being as bad as it is, it was not going to be an easy task. But my girlfriend Rita offered to come play with Rachel so that I could concentrate on cookies. It was great. She couldn't stay long, and the baby was napping when she arrived, but we had fun working on the cookies for a while and when Rachel woke up, Rita changed her and fed her lunch before leaving.
She ended up coming back later in the evening with her grandson Nick. He was absolutly WONDERFUL with Rachel! He kept making her laugh, and dance, and he really seemed to enjoy playing with her! Then Auntie Rita and Nicholas gave Rachel a MUCH needed bath (being laid up like this, that is something I have not been able to do)
After bathtime, they both played with her and Rita helped me finish the last batch of cookies for the night. (at least 4 more batches needed to be done tomorrow)
All in all, the day was pretty terrific (despite all the pain). I told Nicholas he was welcome here any time he wants... because besides playing with Rachel and keeping her giggling, he also played with Penny and knocked her out for the night too!!! He's a pretty awesome kid! So thanks, Nichols... you are as terrific as your grandma!!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes