Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You Know My Name

Today was an incredible day for our family.  We finally had Rachel's naming ceremony at the Temple.  What a great day!  We all filed into the main office of Temple Beth-El to wait for the Rabbi.  Mom made the arrangements last week, so it was relatively short notice.  Still, we managed to have a nice little group there... Tommy & I of course, my parents, our dear friend Margie, and family friends Ruth & Dick.  Not a huge crowd, but just enough and just the right ones! 
Our first "hold your breath" moment came when the Rabbi came out looking rather confused.  Turns out they were not expecting us to actually DO the naming today... they thought we were coming to PLAN the naming!  Luckily, he was VERY nice and said that since we were all there already, he would just go ahead and do the ceremony now!  Thank goodness!  He did a beautiful job, especially considering the short notice!

Just before the ceremony, we presented Rachel with a beautiful gift from her Nana & Papa and Nana's dear old friend Ida.  Ida sent Rach a gorgeous Star of David.  It was hers as a little girl and we were SO honored to have it.  Nana & Papa added the chain, and Rachel wore the beautiful set for the ceremony!

     We also talked to the Rabbi about eventually joining the Temple.  Since they have a pre-school, it looks like we will become members.  Especially seeing how NICE they all were to us!



Rachel really seemed to like Rabbi Barras too!  She shook his hand and said "Thank you, Rabbi" before we left.  She was SO cute!



     After the ceremony, we all headed to Perkins for a little bite to eat.  All in all, it was a really wonderful day!

1 comment:

comingaroundagain said...

Congratulations to Rachel! I love her necklace - how special that it was a family friends' when she was little. Lauren really enjoys the pre-K here (and we've learned a lot of things that you probably already know about all the festivals/celebrations, very cool).

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes