Sunday, November 15, 2009

I've Got a Lovely Bunch of Coconuts

On Saturday, I decided to take the night off from work so we could enjoy a family night. It started with a terrific gathering for dinner with some other local families who have adopted from China. We went with our friends Lorie & John with their girls, and Trish was there with her 3 cuties (so sorry Ted wasn't able to join us!). There were 2 other families there as well and it was terrific meeting them with their fabulous kids too!

I am SO glad we finally made it to one of these get togethers! This was so much fun and I know we will be doing it again sometime soon... and I need to say a very special thanks to Will, who was awesome at entertaining ALL the girls! He was an absolute DOLL.
After dinner, we headed to the annual Cape Coral Coconut Festival! It's like a big state fair, with carnival rides, games, tons of food vendors, and live concerts every night... oh and a fantastic fireworks display too! First we met up with Margie & Charlie. They were there with their granddaughter Arora, and daughter Vanessa, who is having another baby next week! They didn't really need to do little kiddy rides, since Arora can handle a little more than Rach, so we left them to go to the little kid rides. We again met up with Lorie & John, along with their girls Amelia & Kaylie. We had a fantastic time taking the kids on the rides. Rachel's favorite was the bumble bee! She went on that one twice! Once with me and later with her daddy! Actually she went with her daddy on all the rides. He ended up buying a wrist band that gave him unlimited rides... we still had to buy extra tickets for Rach, but I wasn't really up for doing too many rides anyway. Maybe next year! After going on the rides, we got back together with our friends Margie & Charlie! We didn't get to spend too much time with them but at least we got to see them! After all the rides (and the obligitory Funnel Cake) it was time to head to the stage area to watch Molly Hatchett! very cool... we got there kinda late into the concert, but we got to see a few good songs. Rach really rocked out and was dancing all over the place. She sure did have a good time! Oh, and while the fireworks were going off... every other one she would just look up and say "Wow" "WOW"... lol... they were really cool.
Then it was time for home... just as we suspected, we put her in the car and didn't even make it out of the parking lot when our little rocker was out like a light! Tommy brought her in and put her straight to bed... I wasn't far behind! I don't think I lasted 10 minutes on the couch before I was out cold! But boy, we sure did have a great night! Hope to have more of those soon!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes