Monday, September 21, 2009

What a Day Yesterday Was

Before I do anything else, I have to say Happy Anniversary to my parents. Usually we do something to celebrate, but because it fell on our reunion weekend, we didn't have our usual dinner out...
It's Monday... and it really FEELS like a Monday! Well, it was a fantastic weekend with our Hunan Spicy Girls Family. We had so much fun that the gang has decided to do it here again next year! I am SO excited! I'm going to start planning right away... well, after I recover from THIS weekend that is!
I woke up this morning feeling awful... I'm pretty sure it's just exhaustion after all the excitement of the weekend, but I didnt want to lift my head off the couch! I spent most of the day laying here. Thank goodness, Rachel is really good about playing on her own. She spent a good part of the day reading her books (ok, HER version of reading) and playing with Penny. She also had a longer bath than usual. She finally decided it was time to play with all those foam letters & numbers the RIGHT way. She started grouping them all along the tub walls by color... She may not know what the direction the alphabet goes in yet, but she sure knows the colors! LOL
We are trying to get back to a normal schedule again too. Having all our friends here this weekend, she was totally off her game. Hardly any nap times, staying up very very late every night... It was great, but now it's back to reality. So, just like before, she was in bed by 7:30... but UNLIKE before, she was so totally exhausted, she went straight to sleep! I'm gonna like this!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes