Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Paul McCartney

So I thought this was a good day to actually start this blog... Since I am such a major Beatles fan, I picked Paul's birthday! I really should have gotten this going long ago. We are now only weeks away from FINALLY getting our referral!!! It's been 3 long years.
Now I'm trying to get everything done that I should have been doing the past couple of years! I've been tackling 1 project at a time, like clearing all the junky towels out of the linen closet, buying the wood to finish the floor in the attic crawl space... you know, all those fun jobs that we just never got around to! My friends are telling me it's because I'm "Nesting". Whatever... I just know I'm getting a bit NUTS trying to get my house totally prepared for our new addition(s).
Today, I had the fun and excitement of cleaning out Fred's tank. So my public service announcement is this: If your child (or husband, or wife, or whatever) comes home with a cute little tiny turtle and wants to keep it... RUN... throw it back into the canal that it came from! Mind you, I am the guilty party here. I'm the one that found Fred on the driveway and decided "gee, wouldn't this make a cute little pet?" Well I wish someone would have warned me that this cute little half-dollar sized turtle was going to turn into something the size of a basketball! he is now in a 55 gallon tank that isn't big enough for him. We just can't afford anything bigger! I just may have to turn him over to the local kids zoo or something... somewhere close enough where I can still visit him, because honestly, I really like him. He is certainly our quietest pet!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes