Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother

 Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's reading this :-)
My Mother's Day started out with a yummy box of Shari's Berries! They are delicious chocolate covered strawberries... yes, I know I don't like chocolate, but they have WHITE chocolate ones that I eat, Milk chocolate for Rach & Dark chocolate for Tommy!  LOL...

Next up after a nice relaxing afternoon, was dinner... A few years ago, Mom & I decided to start a new tradition... Lobster for Mother's Day!  For a while, we were really lucky because there was a pretty terrific place in town that had live Maine lobsters at a relatively reasonable rate.  (Reasonable as compared to the price at Publix).  They were also some of the best, sweetest lobsters we had ever had!
This year, was a little bit of a let-down.  Our favorite place closed a couple of months ago, so we were forced to find someplace else to go...
 We went to another local seafood market, and bought enough lobsters for all of us to have a nice dinner... even Rachel got her own (much smaller) one. 
I was a little upset that they do not steam them for us.  I really hate cooking these guys myself, but oh well...

So I cooked them up, & we packed them all up along with a big batch of asparagus, and headed over to mom's. 
 Here is almost 10 pounds of cooked lobster!
Once we got to mom's, I roasted up the asparagus and mom had made spaghetti with white clam sauce.
Dinner was delicious, although we were actually a bit disappointed in the lobsters.. they seemed to be a bit salty... (turns out the next day when we reheated the lobster leftovers, they tasted much better...)


No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes