Saturday, December 04, 2010

New York New York

We had an awesome day today. Woke up early, got ourselves up and moving, and headed out for a day of sightseeing!  Margie's first trip to NYC was going to be a memorable one if I had something to say about it!

Our first stop was Liberty Island, to see the lady with the lamp... She sure is a grand sight to see!  I didn't get great pics of her, but I think Margie did, so I will add one of her pics here later... we saw some beautiful sights from the park, including the historic train station and the amazing view of Manhattan!

 This is the train station where all the immigrants would head off to their respective parts of the country.  The signs are still up pointing the way to the various stations!

 Next stop, Carnegie Deli!!!  The sandwiches there are MASSIVE and we had LOTS of leftovers! Rachel loved the Matzo Ball Soup, and she also enjoyed the Corned Beef. 
 Margie may have been a bit overwhelmed by the size of her sandwich... ok, so she was more taken in by the size of TOMMY'S sandwich!!!  It was big enough to feed all of us TWICE... at least I would have thought so...
 Here is MY sandwich.  I got Corned Beef & Pastrami on Rye. 4 days worth of meat packed in there... but it was OH so yummy!!!
 We all stared in amazement at this sight.  Tommy actually FINISHED his whole sandwich!!  OMG, we couldn't believe it!  I never would have thought it possible!!!  Even the people at the next table were floored! LOL...

Macy's Window - "Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus"

 Rachel's favorite part of the day... the tree and the skating rink at Rockefeller Center!
I think next time we are here in the winter, we will have to rent her some skates and let her have at it!  She really had a blast watching, but I know she would like it SO much more to skate herself!

 The store was closing, so they weren't letting anyone else in, but Margie got the "guard" to take a picture with her in front of FAO Schwartz!  Too bad Rach was asleep in the car already! Actually, probably a GOOD thing... she would have wanted to go in the store for sure!
 Every year, whenever we come up to NY, I feel compelled to go to Central Park & visit Strawberry Fields. It's still so hard to believe it's been 30 years already.  R.I.P. John Lennon... forever in our hearts!

No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes