Friday, December 02, 2011

Happy 4th Birthday to my beautiful Hunan Princess!

This year, we decided to just keep the birthday really simple.  She wanted to make cupcakes to bring into school, so on Thursday evening, that's what we did!  We made enough for the whole class (with a few left over for daddy, of course!)



 Friday morning, she brought in all the cupcakes & they celebrated her birthday in her classroom!  She had a great time.
After school, I picked her up and we headed out to the theater to see her very first "big girl" movie!  We went to see the new Muppets movie, and she was terrific in the theater!  She was a little scared of all the loud previews (I now know NOT to stay in the seats for so long before the show begins.. next time, we can hang out by the games)
After the movie was over, I asked her what her favorite part was.... her answer?
THE POPCORN!!!
I shoulda known!  LOL.  All in all, her birthday was a success!
The day AFTER her birthday wasn't too shabby either!!!  We went out for dinner with Nana & Papa, and Aunt Margie & Uncle Charlie... she got some really cool presents, (Can't believe Margie found her a Sit & Spin!!! how COOL).
Then when we got home from dinner, there was yet ANOTHER present waiting outside the door!  She got a package from cousins Mary & Sue, with something she has been asking for for the longest time!  A Thomas the Train set, including a fire truck & water tank!!!  She was SO excited!
She also got an adorable Dora nightgown with slippers that she insisted on putting on IMMEDIATELY!



No comments:

Our Story

My photo
We are the proud parents of a beautiful little girl. I have not stopped smiling since the moment they placed her in my arms. We adopted her Sept 2008 and it's been nothing but wonderful! She is the best reason to open my eyes every day! Currently living in SW Florida. I've also become a MAJOR Twilight junkie, so now I'm told I'm a TWI-MOM & I LOVE it!

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi

Our Daughter Rachel MeiLi
Rachel MeiLi

Red Thread Legend

Red Thread Legend
Chinese Red Thread Legend

Counter

Jodi's Greatest Hits - Some of my Favorite Tunes